Because I love to print

Examples of my art works from 2004 onwards. Most of the selected work have a vast body of supporting work including samples, manifestos, and other theoretical documentation. For more information please leave a comment.

Monday, 5 September 2011

Posted by alison at 15:56
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2012 (1)
    • ►  November (1)
  • ▼  2011 (7)
    • ▼  September (2)
      • Start of a new series: In the seam
      • No title
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (6)
    • ►  December (6)

About Me

alison
I have recetly bought some Red Cherry Shrimp and I am in love
View my complete profile

My Blog List

  • Sallyscribbleblogger
    15 years ago
  • sallyscribble

Pages

  • Home
  • Collagraph making
My work revolves around several central themes, exploring and commenting on personal and philosophical ideology.

I am fascinated by the prospect of the viewer being able to interact with, or have a relationship with the work of art, whilst, simultaneously, the artwork exists as a manifestion of the artists thought processes and actions resulting from an accumulation of life knowledge, life events and experiences.

In order to interpret a work of art, the viewer must draw upon their own knowledge, interactions and understanding of the world, and subsequently, to some degree, project themselves on to it. The artwork, therefore, becomes a stage for the meeting of artist and audience.


I aim to explore and exploit this interaction by revealing personal imagery, devling into and presenting accumulated knowledge and experiences of my own life, and investigating my own, and others motivation to create.

I am also preoccupied by the spaces that I inhabit and the boundaries and deliniations of space and place. Dwelling places directly and indirectly inspire and influence my work, whilst simultaniously limiting and confining it.

How much, in turn, do I influence the spaces in which I reside? My art work may change my understanding and relation to it, but how much does it effect ones understanding and interaction with an art work, with my own understanding of life, and the events that make up my existance? Can place record and remember?

Furthermore, what is space? Does it exist in opposition of place; we only see it as a recognition of the boundaries of place or things? Can it be created or merely deliniated?

I produce art to engage with these questions. I do not seek an answer, but rather choose to engage with an ongoing obsevation, dialogue and refelction. I present snippets in time, insights to my thoughts, my understanding. These are ever changing, and made manifest in works of art, subject to the viewer and their own interpretations.











Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.